On March 21, Facebook experienced an outage that affected many third-party services, including Supermetrics. The outage resulted in transfers that rely on Facebook data sources (Facebook Ads, Facebook Insights, Facebook Public Data, Facebook Political Ads) failing on March 21 and onwards.
What you need to do
To fix the issue, you need to reauthenticate your Facebook data sources in Supermetrics Team Site:
- Go to https://team.supermetrics.com/token-management.
- Find each of your Facebook data source connections and click Reconnect.
- Follow the reauthentication flow to reconnect Supermetrics with your Facebook accounts.
If you have multiple connections to Facebook data sources, it's important to reauthenticate all of them. However, if multiple transfers use the same connection, reauthenticating the connection once will be enough - you don't need to edit individual transfers.
For transfers with transfer windows that cover the outage (March 20, 2023):
- You only need to reauthenticate.
For transfers with short transfer windows that don't cover the outage (March 20, 2023)
- Reauthenticate the connection.
- Run a backfill for the period between March 20 and the date of the reauthentication to recover the missing data.
We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may have caused and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue. If you have any further questions or concerns, please create a support ticket.