Use this guide to fill the fields in the configuration view when creating a new AlloyDB destination in Supermetrics.
Before you begin
Make sure you meet all prerequisites for AlloyDB destinations before going ahead.
About AlloyDB configuration
The configuration stage of creating a new destination in the Team Site includes the following fields.
- Display name will be used as the name of this destination within the Team Site, to distinguish it from other destinations.
- Hostname is the host of the AlloyDB instance you’re going to use as a destination.
- Database name refers to the database you’ll connect to.
- Database schema is the name of the destination database schema. PostgreSQL provides a default schema — “public” — that you can use instead of creating your own.
Note that a database schema isn’t equivalent to a schema you’d select when creating a transfer, or a custom schema that you’d create in the Supermetrics Query Manager.
- Username refers to your user who has access to the PostgreSQL database hosted on AlloyDB.
- Password refers to your PostgreSQL database user password.
When you’re editing an existing destination, this field will read “New password”. Adding anything into the field will overwrite the previous password.