When you create a Google Cloud Storage (GCS) destination on the Supermetrics Hub, the configuration requires details that can be obtained from the Google Cloud Platform.
Before you begin
Before you create a GCS destination, please make sure all prerequisites are met. Learn more about the prerequisites for creating a Google Cloud Storage destination.
You may need specific permissions to access the details needed in the configuration. If you're unable to access some information, please contact your Google Cloud admin.
The configuration stage of creating a new destination in the Supermetrics Hub includes the following fields.
- Display name will be used as the name of this destination within the Supermetrics Hub, to distinguish it from other destinations.
- Bucket name refers to the name of the Google Cloud Storage bucket you want to use as a destination. Find your bucket name in the Google Cloud Platform under Cloud Storage → Browser.
- Upload path refers to the folder structure you want to use within your destination bucket.
If the specified folder structure already exists, your data will be transferred based on the specified path. If a matching folder structure does not yet exist, a data transfer will create a new folder structure based on this path.
- Output format offers options for selecting a preferred output format for the data being transferred to this destination.
- Auth key refers to the authorization key for transfers to be able to load data into your GCP bucket.
Create the private key in the Google Cloud Platform under IAM & Admin → Service Accounts. Copy and paste the entire JSON key to this destination configuration field — it should look something like this:
"private_key": "-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----\12345ABCDummyKey\n-----END PRIVATE KEY-----\n",