These steps will guide you through how to set up your own Facebook app, which you can use with the Supermetrics Facebook Ads data source.
If we haven't reached out to you specifically about this feature, but you're interested in testing it out, please contact us. We'll be happy to help you get started.
Before you begin
To create an app, you need to have a Facebook developer account. Log in to the Facebook developer site with the Facebook account you use with Business Manager.
If you're setting the app up on someone else's behalf, the person you're creating the app for will still need to create a developer account. Once you've created the app, you should open it in Business Manager, click the People tab, and then add the user's developer account to the app. Set their permission level to Manage App when you assign them.
During this process, Facebook will show a warning titled "Submit for Login Review". This is expected. We advise that you not submit the permissions for review by Facebook, as doing so will delay the process. You can submit them, but we have no way to estimate how long Facebook's review will take. Learn more about our data privacy policies.
- Log in to Business Manager.
- Go to Business Settings (the gear icon):
- Click the Accounts dropdown, and then click Apps.
- Click Add, and then Create a New App ID.
- In the next screen, select Manage integrations for your business. Click Next.
- Under Select an app type, choose Business. Click Next.
- Fill Display name and App Contact Email. Click Create App.
- In the next screen, find the Facebook Login card. On this card, click Set Up.
- Click the Facebook Login dropdown menu on the left side of the screen. Select Settings.
In the Valid OAuth Redirect URLs field, enter this URL:
Click Save changes.
- Click Dashboard in the left-side menu. In the Marketing API card, click Set Up.
- Click the Settings dropdown in the left-side menu. Select Basic.
- Copy the App ID and App Secret. Send them back to us via email or the support ticket we contacted you through.
- After our support team adds your credentials to your team, you’ll need to reauthenticate your data source to start using your own app.
- Remember to do step 15 for all users in the team. The users who haven't re-authenticated will continue to use the original version and have original quota limitations.
Custom conversions and custom actions might not be recognized right after you implement this solution. Errors like ""error":"(#100) c_action_######... are not valid for fields param." can occur.
Solve this error by reauthenticating one more time (it can take a few hours after reauthenticate for the error to disappear). Learn how to reauthenticate the data source with Supermetrics in Google Sheets.