The first step in moving your data in Looker Studio (formerly Data Studio) with Supermetrics is to connect to our platform.
Some data sources have different requirements. Explore our connection guides for specific guidance on connecting to each data source.
This guide will show you the process for one of our most popular data sources: Facebook Ads.
- Open the Supermetrics data source gallery.
- Navigate to Facebook Ads and click Try.
- Log in with the Google Account you use with Supermetrics.
- Click Authorize.
- Select the Facebooks Ads connections you want to use in your reports, or click Add new connection to connect a new account.
If you create a new connection to Facebook Ads, you'll be prompted to log in to Facebook before you continue.
- Click Continue to Looker Studio.
- Scroll down and adjust settings as you need. At the very bottom, you'll have the option to create a report with our template. Select or deselect Use report template for new reports to change this setting.
- If everything looks good, click Connect in the top-right corner.
- Click Create report.
- Click Add to report.
Create a report with Supermetrics in Looker Studio.
If you run into trouble logging in or authenticating, it could be due to one of these issues. If the error's coming from Looker Studio itself, Google's comprehensive troubleshooting tips could help.
If you or your organization uses multiple accounts to access either Looker Studio or your data sources, cookies and permissions can cause issues when logging in.
If Looker Studio automatically logs you in with the wrong account, clear your cookies before connecting to Supermetrics. This should help ensure that you’re logged in with the right account.
If you get stuck in a loop with failed authentication, follow these instructions to diagnose and solve the problem.
Multiple accounts or logins
If you encounter an error message telling you that This action is not supported when you are signed in to multiple accounts, follow these instructions to solve the issue.