This guide will walk you through on how to fix generic authentication errors. This type of error occurs when the data source is not completely authenticated, and therefore the authentication fails.
As a first step, please re-authenticate the data source by following one of the guides below:
Supermetrics for Data Studio: How to re-authenticate a Data Studio connector
Supermetrics for Google Sheets: How to re-authenticate a Google Sheets connector
Supermetrics for Microsoft Excel: How to re-authenticate an Excel connector
Supermetrics for API: How to re-authenticate an API connector
Supermetrics for BigQuery: How to re-authenticate a BigQuery connector
Supermetrics for Datawarehouse and Cloud Storage: How to re-authenticate a Data Warehouse and Cloud Storage connector
If the error persists, please re-authenticate the data source in another browser (eg: from Chrome to Firefox etc.) and if that doesn't help, please do the same in incognito mode.
Clear browser's cache/cookies
Clear your browser's cache and cookies. Use the following links to find instructions for your browser.
Forcing a refresh for account data
In some cases, you will need to force a refresh for account data by following the steps from this guide:
If everything fails - For Data Studio only
Log out from all user accounts
- Follow this guide: How Can I Remove My Account From the Data Studio Connectors?
- Follow the section "Removing a user account" and log out completely from all user accounts. To do so, click on the bin icon to proceed.
Remove the data source completely
If the error persists, please remove the data source completely by following this guide:
How Do I Completely Remove a Data Source from Data Studio?. Note that you must be the owner of the data source file to complete these steps.
If everything fails - For Google Sheets only
Refresh all queries
With Google Sheets, you can refresh all queries with the specific data source you are encountering the error with. To do so, please do the following:
- Go to the SupermetricsQueries sheet (if hidden, click on Add-ons-Supermetrics-Manage queries).
- Find the row(s) for your data source queries (Google Ads in this example), delete the query ID value in that row and then scroll to the far right and delete the value under “Refresh with user account”.
- Delete the query ID from the SupermetricsQueries tab on the failing queries.
- Click on Add-ons-Supermetrics-Refresh all.
If you continue to have issues after trying the above actions, please submit a request to support with the details of the issue and we will assist you.