To connect Instagram Insights to Supermetrics, you need to make sure both your Instagram and Facebook accounts have a specific set of permissions and that the accounts are linked.
This guide will walk you through setting up the necessary permissions for Instagram Insights, as well as the necessary access to Facebook.
Before you begin
Make sure your Instagram account is a Creator or Business account, and that you have an active Facebook account with access to a Facebook Page.
You need access to Facebook on desktop and Instagram on mobile to complete this process.
Note that admin permissions are needed to manage the access permissions on Facebook.
Step 1: Link your Instagram Profile to an active Facebook Page
Follow these steps by Meta to set up the sharing of posts from your professional Instagram account to a Facebook Page.
Make sure that you have the right Instagram account selected.
Step 2: Claim Facebook Page
Claiming a Facebook Page means that you become its admin.
Follow these steps by Meta to claim a Facebook Page for your Instagram account.
Step 3: Make sure your Facebook Page has the right access
- On your computer, log in to Facebook Business Manager with the Facebook account you want to use with Instagram Insights.
- Click Accounts in the sidebar, and select Pages.
- Select the Page you want to manage permissions for.
- Check the user's access permissions under Pages, and make sure that they have the Insights permissions enabled. If they don't have the Insights permissions, enable the permission and click Save.
- If you don't see the user, click Assign people to add them to the page.
- If you need to invite the user to the account, go to Users → People to invite them.
Step 4: Select all necessary Instagram profiles
When connecting to the Instagram Insights data source from Supermetrics, make sure that you've selected all necessary Instagram profiles from the Business Integration app when authenticating the connector.
Learn more about connecting in our Instagram Insights connection guide.