It's often necessary to transfer licenses and report files from one user to another in Looker Studio (formerly Data Studio). These instructions assume that the license holder is available to assist with the transfer — if this isn't the case, skip ahead to the troubleshooting section.
Before you begin
Before transferring reports and data sources to a new report owner, make sure that:
- The new report owner you’re transferring the reports and data sources to has been assigned to a Supermetrics for Looker Studio license and has access to the report where the queries are.
- The new report owner has access to all the data sources and connections in the queries. Learn more about the data source permissions and access requirements.
- Give the new report owner the Owner credentials in Looker Studio. This enables them to fully manage the files. Learn more about Looker Studio roles and permissions as well as transferring file ownership and transferring data source ownership in Google’s help center.
- Once the new report owner has the permissions they need to edit the data source connection, they can add their data source account logins and remove the original owner’s login.
- Add your data source account login to the Looker Studio report.
- Remove the original owner’s data source login, if it’s no longer needed for the report.
If the original owner can't transfer ownership of report or data sources files, you can copy them and remain the owner of these new files.
Please note that report and data source permissions are controlled by Looker Studio. Supermetrics can't help you retrieve access to your reports and data sources. If copying isn't possible, create a new report and data source or reach out to Looker Studio support for further support.
If you don't have access to the Supermetrics Team Site to manage users and licenses, contact our support team for help.
When you get in touch, we'll be able to help you more quickly if you include these things in your message:
- The original account ID (this lets us find the license)
- Either the buyer email or an invoice ID (this lets us confirm access to the license)
- The email associated with the Google account that you want to be given Owner rights to