To start using Google Cloud Storage (GCS) as a Supermetrics destination, some requirements need to be met. These prerequisites ensure that a working connection can be set up to successfully transfer data to your GCS bucket.
You may need specific permissions to verify these prerequisites are met. If you are unable to access some information, please contact your Google Cloud admin.
You need to have set up a GCS bucket before you can use it as a destination.
Roles and permissions
You need to have a service account that has at least the Storage Object Creator role. In addition, the service account needs either the Storage Admin role or a Custom Role with the following permissions:
- storage.buckets.get for the bucket you want to use for your transfers
- storage.objects.create, storage.objects.delete, storage.objects.get and storage.objects.list
You can create a service account in the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), under IAM & Admin → Service Accounts. You can define the role for the service account in the Permissions tab for a specific bucket.
A JSON key is needed in the destination setup to authorize transfers to load data into your GCS bucket. You can create the JSON key for your service account in the Google Cloud Platform under IAM & Admin → Service Accounts.
If your GCP project only allows access from selected networks, IP allowlisting is needed.
Access should be granted to the following Supermetrics IP addresses:
- Do not forget to add your own IP address to avoid losing access to your project.
- How to create a destination
- How to configure a Google Cloud Storage destination
- How to create a transfer