This guide will walk you through how to connect Facebook Political Ads with Supermetrics.
Before you begin
To connect Supermetrics to Facebook Political Ads, you'll need to:
- Verify the Facebook profile
- Create a Facebook developer account and a developer application
Step 1: Register as a Facebook developer
Read Facebook's documentation to learn how to register as a Facebook developer.
Step 2: Create a developer app
Log in to Facebook with your developer account. Navigate to the Apps panel and click Create App at the top left-hand side.
When you're setting up your app, fill the fields as follows:
- App type: Business
- App display name: A memorable name for your app
- App contact email: An email address associated with your ap
Step 3: Add a login to your developer app
- In your Facebook developer account, navigate to My apps.
- Select your app, and on the left-hand side, click Dashboard.
- Scroll down until you see Add products to your app.
- Find Facebook Login and click Set up.
- Ignore the quick start screen and continue to the next section.
- On the left-hand side, navigate to App Review → Permissions and features.
- Scroll down to find public_profile.
- Click Get advanced access.
- Click Confirm.
Step 4: Add a login redirect URL
- In your Facebook developer account, navigate to Facebook Login → Settings.
- Add https://supermetrics.com/login-complete under Valid OAuth Redirect URLs.
- Click Save changes.
Step 5: Get your login credentials
Once you've created your Facebook app, the last step is to find your login credentials: your App ID and App Secret.
- Log in to your Facebook developer account and select your app.
- On the left panel, click Settings.
- Click Basic.
- Your App ID will be listed on the page that opens.
- Next to your App ID is the App Secret. If it's hidden, click Show to reveal it.