This guide gives instructions on how to successfully authenticate Twitter Ads.
Quick links to specific sections:
"If everything fails..."
- Common Errors when authenticating
- Forcing a Refresh for Account Data
- Removing a Data Source
- Refreshing tokens
Data Source Access Requirements:
Before authenticating the connector, please make sure you have gone through the rights and permissions required for this data source, meaning you are assigned as an "ad manager/admin" or as a similar role. To learn more, please refer to this guide:
Access requirements for user account:
- Valid Twitter user account with at least "Campaign analyst" access to an ad account.
- Note that some dimensions may require "Ad Manager" or higher access to see.
Authenticating with Google Sheets:
To authenticate Twitter Ads in Google Sheets, please do the following steps:
1. Open up the Supermetrics sidebar in your Google Sheets.
2. Select Twitter Ads in the sidebar, under data source.
4. You have completed all the steps. You can now go back to the sidebar and select your Twitter Ads account under data source.
To re-authenticate Twitter Ads in Google Sheets, please go to this guide.
To authenticate Twitter Ads in Google Data Studio, please do the following steps:
1. Click on create a new data source.
2. Search for Twitter Ads by Supermetrics and click on Select when selecting it.
5. Click on the link below to authenticate your account.
With this link, you can also add more business accounts.
- If your Data Studio account belongs to multiple teams, you will see the option to select the team you wish to use. Go to the link below and select the team name with your license to proceed. (If you only belong to one team, skip to the next step).
6. Select your account to proceed.
7. Click on connect on the upper right side.
8. It will then take you to the field list. By default, you don't need to do anything else. Click on add to report to proceed.
To re-authenticate Twitter Ads in Data Studio, please go to this guide.
To authenticate Twitter Ads in Excel, please do the following steps:
1. Click on data and open up the Supermetrics sidebar in Excel.
2. Select Twitter Ads in the sidebar under data source.
3. An automatic popup will open up, click on start.
4. You have completed all the steps. Now you can go back to the sidebar and select your Twitter Ads account.
To re-authenticate Twitter Ads in Excel, please go to this guide.
If you encounter any of the following errors below, please see the guide linked after the error message.
For Twitter only:
- Error: "User X is not authorized to make this request", please see this guide.
- Error: "This was a reauthorization request for user X but logged in as user Y", please see this guide.
- Error: "You're not allowed to run queries with this license #12345. This is because you have not been assigned to the license as a valid user." please see this guide.
- Error: "This action is not supported when you are signed into multiple accounts". please see this guide.
- If you no longer see a specific account/page/etc. when logging in, please see this guide.
- If you haven't managed to authenticate you might be affected by an issue at Google account management. For more information, please see this guide.
To force a refresh per data source, please see this guide.
To remove a data source from Google Sheets, please see this guide.
To remove a data source from Data Studio, please see this guide.
To remove a data source from Excel, please see this guide.
As a final step, if you wish your tokens to be refreshed, please create a support ticket.