After you've installed the Supermetrics connector to Power BI, create your first query to use in Power BI.
Before you begin
To enable data import from a data platform of your choice, you need to establish a connection between the data source and Supermetrics. There are two places where you can do this: when creating your query, or on the data source management page on the Supermetrics Hub.
The data source management page on the Supermetrics Hub lets you manage all data source connections you have: add new data source connections, re-authorize existing ones, and disconnect or replace a connection that was in use.
Microsoft admin approval
If you're using a Microsoft account which is managed by an admin, you might see an error reading Approval required or Need admin approval when you're logging in to the Supermetrics Hub. Follow these instructions to resolve the issue.
- Log in to the Supermetrics Hub using SSO (with either a Microsoft account or a Google Account).
- Click Destinations → Power BI in the left-hand navigation.
- Click Create or edit queries.
- Select a data source and log in to your account to create a connection between your data source and Supermetrics.
If you select a data source for the first time, the login window opens a new tab where you can connect to the account you want to get data from. See our data source connection guides for data source-specific details.
- Define the query settings for the data you'd like to see in your reports:
- Depending on the selected data source, you need to pick accounts for fetching data or select a report type. Learn more about how to set up connections to various data sources.
- Define a date range — use a flexible date range, for example, "last 2 months", and always get data for the previous two months. Note that you can change the date range for a particular report using the connector.
- Select metrics, such as Impressions or Clicks. See the full list of metrics and dimensions for all our data sources. You can also make modifications to the metrics when selecting the query for the report in the Supermetrics connector for Power BI.
- Choose how to split the records. You can, for example, split the data by date or campaign name.
- Click Run query to check if you get the expected records, and click Save query. Name your query and schema (query group) and confirm. Schema is like a folder for your queries.
The queries you save on the Hub will be available to you in Power BI Desktop once you sign in to the Supermetrics connector. Feel free to connect multiple data sources and save queries in each to be able to create a combined report, say, from your ad accounts across various marketing data sources.