Use this guide to fill the fields in the configuration view when creating a new Azure SQL database destination in Supermetrics.
Before you begin
Make sure you meet all prerequisites for Azure SQL database destinations before going ahead.
Azure SQL Database configuration
- Display name will be used as the name of this destination within the Supermetrics Hub, to distinguish it from other destinations.
- Hostname is the name of the SQL server you’re going to use as a destination. Find this in the Azure Portal.
- Database name refers to the database you’ll connect to. Find this in the Azure Portal.
- Database schema is the name of the destination database schema. Azure provides a default schema — “dbo” — that you can use instead of creating your own.
Note that a database schema isn’t equivalent to a schema you’d select when creating a transfer, or a custom schema that you’d create in the Supermetrics Query Manager.
- Username refers to your Azure SQL database username.
- Password refers to your Azure SQL database user password.
When you’re editing an existing destination, this field will read “New password”. Adding anything into the field will overwrite the previous password.