This guide gives instructions on how to authenticate Outbrain Amplify with Google Sheets, Google Data Studio, and Microsoft Excel.
Quick links to specific sections:
- Authenticating with Data Studio
- Adding additional user accounts or removing old ones with Data Studio
- Team management with Data Studio
"If everything fails..."
Data Source Access Requirements:
Before authenticating the connector, please make sure you have gone through the rights and permissions required for this data source. To learn more, please refer to this guide:
Access requirements for user account:
- To connect Supermetrics to Outbrain Amplify, you will first need to obtain API access from Outbrain. You will not be able to use the connector until this step is done.
- You can do this by contacting your account manager at Outbrain to whitelist the API access for your account. Or you can fill out this form requesting API access: https://lp.outbrain.com/partner-api-form/
- Once Outbrain has approved your API access, you can then log into the Supermetrics connector with the approved username and password.
Authenticating with Google Sheets:
To authenticate Outbrain Amplify in Google Sheets, please do the following steps:
1. Open up the Supermetrics sidebar in your Google Sheets.
2. Select Outbrain Amplify in the sidebar, under data source.
3. Insert your credentials (username and password) and click on start.
4. You have completed all the steps. You can now go back to the sidebar and select your Outbrain account under data source.
To re-authenticate Outbrain Amplifier in Google Sheets, please go to this guide.
To authenticate Outbrain Amplifier in Google Data Studio, please do the following steps:
1. Click on add data.
2. Search for Outbrain Amplifier by Supermetrics and click on it.
3. Click on Authorize. If you wish to learn more about data security and data privacy, please see this page.
4. Insert your credentials (username and password) and click on start.
6. Select your account by clicking on select accounts to proceed.
7. Click on add on the bottom right side to continue.
8. As a final step, click on add to report.
1. Click on the link below to add additional user accounts or to remove old user accounts. If you don't need to add/remove user accounts, you can skip this step.
2. If you wish to add a user account, click on Add Outbrain Amplify user account. If you wish to remove a user account, click on the bin icon. To continue with the same user account, click on continue.
From the link below, you can access your team management page, where you can change assigned users on your licenses, add new team members, etc. For more details, please see Team Management Basics.
To re-authenticate Outbrain Amplify in Data Studio, please go to this guide.
To authenticate Outbrain Amplify in Excel, please do the following steps:
1. Click on data and open up the Supermetrics sidebar in Excel.
2. Select Outbrain Amplify in the sidebar under data source.
3. An automatic popup will open up, insert your credentials (username and password) click on start.
4. You have completed all the steps. Now you can go back to the sidebar and select your Outbrain Amplify account.
To re-authenticate Outbrain Amplifier in Excel, please go to this guide.
If you encounter any of the following errors below, please see the guide linked after the error message.
- Error: "Authentication failed" & "You need to re-authenticate at X and then run the query again.", please see this guide.
- Error: "This was a reauthorization request for user X but logged in as user Y", please see this guide.
- Error: "You're not allowed to run queries with this license #12345. This is because you have not been assigned to the license as a valid user." please see this guide.
- Error: "This action is not supported when you are signed into multiple accounts". please see this guide.
- If you no longer see a specific account/page/etc. when logging in, please see this guide.
- If you haven't managed to authenticate you might be affected by an issue at Google account management. For more information, please see this guide.
To force a refresh per data source, please see this guide.
To remove a data source from Google Sheets, please see this guide.
To remove a data source from Data Studio, please see this guide.
To remove a data source from Excel, please see this guide.
If you followed all the above steps and you still encounter an authentication error, please create a new support request with the details of the issue and we will assist you.