This guide gives instructions on how to successfully authenticate Outbrain Amplify.
Quick links to specific sections:
"If everything fails..."
- Common Errors when authenticating
- Forcing a Refresh for Account Data
- Removing a Data Source
- Refreshing tokens
Data Source Access Requirements:
Before authenticating the connector, please make sure you have gone through the rights and permissions required for this data source, meaning you are assigned as an "ad manager/admin" or as a similar role. To learn more, please refer to this guide:
Access requirements for user account:
- To connect Supermetrics to Outbrain Amplify, you will first need to obtain API access from Outbrain. You will not be able to use the connector until this step is done.
- You can do this by contacting your account manager at Outbrain to whitelist the API access for your account. Or you can fill out this form requesting API access: https://lp.outbrain.com/partner-api-form/
- Once Outbrain has approved your API access, you can then log into the Supermetrics connector with the approved username and password.
Authenticating with Google Sheets:
To authenticate Outbrain Amplify in Google Sheets, please do the following steps:
1. Open up the Supermetrics sidebar in your Google Sheets.
2. Select Outbrain Amplify in the sidebar, under data source.
3. Insert your credentials (username and password) and click on start.
4. You have completed all the steps. You can now go back to the sidebar and select your Facebook Ads account under data source.
To re-authenticate Outbrain Amplifier in Google Sheets, please go to this guide.
To authenticate Outbrain Amplifier in Google Data Studio, please do the following steps:
1. Click on add data.
2. Search for Outbrain Amplifier by Supermetrics and click on it.
3. Click on Authorize. If you wish to learn more about data security and data privacy, please see this page.
4. Insert your credentials (username and password) and click on start.
- In alternative, if you are already logged in to a Outbrain Amplify account, you will see the window below. Click on OK, let'scontinue to continue with that account. If you wish to log in with a different account, click on Add Outbrain Amplify user account.
5. Click on the link below to authenticate your account.
With this link, you can also add or delete accounts.
- If your Data Studio account belongs to multiple teams, you will see the option to select the team you wish to use. Go to the link below and select the team name with your license to proceed. (If you only belong to one team, skip to the next step).
6. You now have to select your account by clicking on select accounts.
7. Click on add on the bottom right side to continue.
8. As a final step, click on add to report.
To re-authenticate Outbrain Amplify in Data Studio, please go to this guide.
To authenticate Outbrain Amplify in Excel, please do the following steps:
1. Click on data and open up the Supermetrics sidebar in Excel.
2. Select Outbrain Amplify in the sidebar under data source.
3. An automatic popup will open up, insert your credentials (username and password) click on start.
4. You have completed all the steps. Now you can go back to the sidebar and select your Outbrain Amplify account.
To re-authenticate Outbrain Amplifier in Excel, please go to this guide.
If you encounter any of the following errors below, please see the guide linked after the error message.
- Error: "This was a reauthorization request for user X but logged in as user Y", please see this guide.
- Error: "You're not allowed to run queries with this license #12345. This is because you have not been assigned to the license as a valid user." please see this guide.
- Error: "This action is not supported when you are signed into multiple accounts". please see this guide.
- If you no longer see a specific account/page/etc. when logging in, please see this guide.
- If you haven't managed to authenticate you might be affected by an issue at Google account management. For more information, please see this guide.
To force a refresh per data source, please see this guide.
To remove a data source from Google Sheets, please see this guide.
To remove a data source from Data Studio, please see this guide.
To remove a data source from Excel, please see this guide.
As a final step, if you wish your tokens to be refreshed for a fresh login, please create a support ticket.