This guide gives instructions on how to successfully authenticate Snapchat Marketing.
Quick links to specific sections:
"If everything fails..."
- Common Errors when authenticating
- Forcing a Refresh for Account Data
- Removing a Data Source
- Refreshing tokens
Data Source Access Requirements:
Before authenticating the connector, please make sure you have gone through the rights and permissions required for this data source, meaning you are assigned as an "ad manager/admin" or as a similar role. To learn more, please refer to this guide:
Access requirements for user account:
- A valid Snapchat user account with at least "Account Admin" or "Campaign Manager" access to an ad account.
Authenticating with Google Sheets:
To authenticate Snapchat Marketing in Google Sheets, please do the following steps:
1. Open up the Supermetrics sidebar in your Google Sheets.
2. Select Snapchat Marketing in the sidebar, under data source.
3. An automatic Snapchat popup will open. Insert your credentials and click on continue.
5. Click one last time on continue and go back to the sidebar. You have completed all the steps.
To re-authenticate Snapchat Marketing in Google Sheets, please go to this guide.
To authenticate Snapchat Marketing in Google Data Studio, please do the following steps:
1. Click on create a new data source.
2. Search for Snapchat Marketing by Supermetrics and click on Select when selecting it.
4. Click on OK, let's continue to continue with that account. If you wish to select another account, click on Add Snapchat Marketing user account.
5. Click on continue to proceed.
6. Click one last time on continue.
7. Click on the link below to authenticate your account.
With this link, you can also add more business accounts.
- If your Data Studio account belongs to multiple teams, you will see the option to select the team you wish to use. Go to the link below and select the team name with your license to proceed. (If you only belong to one team, skip to the next step).
8. You now have to select your account by clicking on select accounts.
9. Click on connect on the upper right side.
10. It will then take you to the field list. By default, you don't need to do anything else. Click on add to report to proceed.
To re-authenticate Snapchat Marketing in Data Studio, please go to this guide.
To authenticate Snapchat Marketing in Excel, please do the following steps:
1. Click on data and open up the Supermetrics sidebar in Excel.
2. Select Snapchat Marketing in the sidebar under data source.
3. An automatic popup will open up, click on start.
5. Click one last time on continue.
6. You have completed all the steps. You can now go back to the sidebar.
To re-authenticate Snapchat Marketing in Excel, please go to this guide.
If you encounter any of the following errors below, please see the guide linked after the error message.
- Error: "This was a reauthorization request for user X but logged in as user Y", please see this guide.
- Error: "You're not allowed to run queries with this license #12345. This is because you have not been assigned to the license as a valid user." please see this guide.
- Error: "This action is not supported when you are signed into multiple accounts". please see this guide.
- If you no longer see a specific account/page/etc. when logging in, please see this guide.
- If you haven't managed to authenticate you might be affected by an issue at Google account management. For more information, please see this guide.
To force a refresh per data source, please see this guide.
To remove a data source from Google Sheets, please see this guide.
To remove a data source from Data Studio, please see this guide.
To remove a data source from Excel, please see this guide.
As a final step, if you wish your tokens to be refreshed, please create a support ticket.