This guide will show you how to log in to a data source using the Supermetrics sidebar in Excel, to start pulling data from that source directly to your Excel file.
This guide assumes that you have already installed the Supermetrics add-in for Excel. If you haven't installed the add-in yet, see First steps: Getting the Supermetrics Sidebar into Excel.
This guide will show you how to authenticate Google Ads as an example. For instructions on authenticating a specific data source, please see this list.
1. In your Excel file, under the Data tab, open the Supermetrics sidebar by clicking on Show Supermetrics.
2. In the Data source section of the sidebar, click on the data source you wish to connect to.
3. A new window or tab will open in your browser to start the login process. Follow the prompts to log in to the data source with your account. Depending on the data source, the login may look something like this:
- If you are asked to approve access permissions, please accept those – else the add-in won't function properly. If you want to know more about our policies, see Supermetrics security policy & data privacy.
- Some data sources may use existing browser cookies to log you in. If you don't want to automatically use that account, make sure to log out first in the browser version of the data source platform before proceeding.
Once the login is completed successfully, return to Excel.
4. Now, you can see the account you logged in with under My data sources in the sidebar.
Continue to the next section to select the ad accounts, views or pages from the data source, and start building your queries!