In some cases, you may need to re-authenticate your user account to the data source for the connector. The below instructions show you how to do this, using Facebook Ads as an example (these same steps work for all connectors).
- Click the "Edit" icon next your Data Source (or click Resource->Managed added data sources and click Edit there).
- Then click EDIT CONNECTION to go to the authentication settings for the connector.
- Find and copy the shortened URL given in the "To add more/manage user accounts, visit https://xxxxx" section.
- Paste URL this into another browser window/tab to navigate to it. The URL should lead to a page like below. You want to select the link option under "Or add a new account."
WARNING - If your Data Studio account belongs to multiple teams, this link will take you to a page to select the team you wish to use. Select the appropriate team with your license to proceed to the next part shown above (for more details about this see step #2 of this article: Community connector error: You are using the free version of Supermetrics for Data Studio).
- If you are already logged into the data source, the link should automatically log you into that account. If you DO NOT want to do this and want to use another account, clear your browser cookies or log out of the data source in a browser before selecting the link under "Or add a new account." Then you should get the option to log in with another account.
- Once the log in is complete, you should see a message like "Authentication successful, you can now close this window." Navigate back to the connector settings page and refresh it.
- If applicable to the connector, check that the additional account selection or page selection settings are correct.
- Once the settings are confirmed, click RECONNECT in the upper-right corner to save the changes to the data source.