Our Ad + Google Analytics Data connector lets you combine and compare your data across different channels in Looker Studio. Learn more about blending data with this connector.
Before you begin
You need to make sure your accounts meet all of the access requirements for every data source you want to use with this connector. Use these resources to learn about these requirements:
If you need to reconnect a data source, the steps are slightly different from connecting the data source for the first time.
Make sure you've connected Supermetrics to Looker Studio before following the steps below.
- Open the Supermetrics data source gallery.
- Navigate to Ad + Google Analytics Data and click Try.
- You'll see two buttons that read Authorize. If you're using Supermetrics for the first time, click the left-hand one and log in with the Google Account you use with Supermetrics.
- Once that's done, or if you've done it before, click the right-hand Authorize button (under "Ad + Google Analytics Data requires authorization to connect to data").
- Select a team that has access to the account you want to connect.
- Choose to make this connection shared or private.
- Click Start.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. To create a report with our template, select Use report template for new reports. To create a blank report, deselect this option.
- In the pane's top right, click Connect.
- Click Create report.
- Click Add to report.
Reconnect Ad + Google Analytics Data
Reconnecting a data source refreshes your license's connection to it. This can be helpful if you're encountering issues logging in, or if you need to make changes to your connected accounts.
- Open Looker Studio and click on the Ad + Google Analytics Data data source.
If you're actively editing a report, click the Edit icon () next to the data source (or click Resource → Managed added data sources and click Edit there).
- On the left side, click Edit connection.
- Navigate to the link in the sentence that starts with “To manage data source authentications…”
- Choose the team that the connection you'd like to reauthenticate belongs to.
- Click Reauthenticate (or, for some data sources, Reconnect).
In some cases, click the data source name, then the 3-dot menu, and click Reconnect.
- Authenticate the data source again.
- Click Reconnect, and then click Done.
In some cases, click Continue.