When you create a Azure Synapse destination in the Supermetrics Hub, the configuration requires details that can be obtained from the Azure portal.
Before you begin
Before you create an Azure Synapse destination, please make sure all prerequisites are met. Learn more about the prerequisites for creating an Azure Synapse destination.
You may need specific permissions to access the details needed in the configuration. If you are unable to access some information, please contact your Azure admin.
Azure Synapse configuration
The configuration stage of creating a new destination in the Supermetrics Hub includes the following fields.
- Display name will be used as the name of this destination within the Supermetrics Hub, to distinguish it from other destinations.
- Hostname refers to the Server name of the dedicated SQL pool you want to use as a destination.
Find your hostname from the Azure portal under the Essentials information of your SQL pool overview. The hostname has a format such as my-company.database.windows.net.
- Database name refers to the name of the dedicated SQL pool you want to use as a destination.
- Database schema refers to the name of the destination database schema.
You can create your own schema or use the default schema called “dbo” provided by Azure Synapse. See Azure documentation to learn more about Synapse schemas.
- Username of your Synapse user account.
- Password of your Synapse user account.