This guide contains instructions for filling in the fields of the Create destination configuration view when creating a new Azure Synapse destination.
1. Display name: The display name of the destination that will be used to distinguish the one you are creating from other destinations.
2. Hostname: The server name of the dedicated SQL pool you are going to use as a destination. This can be obtained from the Azure portal UI.
3. Database name: The name of the dedicated SQL pool. It can be obtained from the Azure portal UI.
4. Database schema: The name of the destination database schema. Synapse provides a default schema called “dbo” which you could use instead of creating your own schema.
- Note: Synapse database schema is not equivalent to a schema you select when creating the Supermetrics data transfer or a Custom Schema that you can create in the Supermetrics Query Manager.
5. Username: Your Synapse username.
- Note: You may need to use the SQL Server Admin username and password to successfully create a transfer.
6. Password: Your Synapse password. Please note that when editing an existing destination, this field will be labeled as New password, and inputting anything to the field will overwrite the previously given password.