Before you create a destination to start transferring data to Azure Synapse, see these prerequisites.
Once you've made sure all prerequisites are met, see our guide for How to configure a data destination.
Prerequisites for creating a destination
1. A dedicated SQL Pool needs to be set up in Azure before creating a destination with Supermetrics.
2. If you want to use the data within the SQL pool in a Synapse workspace, ideally, that should also be set up before creating a data transfer with Supermetrics.
3. Sufficient permissions
- In order to create the destination at team.supermetrics.com/destinations, you may need to use the SQL Server Admin user name and password.
- You need to have at least role Synapse User and SQL permissions on the SQL pools you want to query.
- For more information about roles and access, please see Azure documentation on Synapse RBAC roles and Synapse access control.
4. If your organization only allows access from selected networks, IP whitelisting is needed.
- To modify the Firewall settings, you need to have needed permissions to the respective service in Azure.
- For more information about storage roles, see Azure documentation: Azure Synapse Analytics IP firewall rules.
- You can add the following Supermetrics IP addresses to the Firewall settings of your SQL Server, SQL Pool, and/or Synapse workspace:
- NOTE: Do not forget to add your own IP address to avoid getting “locked out.”