This guide will walk you through how to authenticate or reauthenticate Ad Data + Google Analytics in Data Studio. This is the only destination that supports this data source.
Before you begin
To connect Supermetrics to Ad Data + Google Analytics, you need to meet the data source access requirements. Follow the steps from the Before you begin sections in these guides:
Data protection agreement
If you have any questions about how Supermetrics handles and secures your data, read our policy on data privacy and security.
Before you can authenticate Ad Data + Google Analytics in Data Studio, you need to install the Supermetrics add-on.
- Open the Supermetrics data source gallery.
- Navigate to the data source and click Try.
- Click Authorize to authorize Supermetrics in Data Studio.
*If you're authenticating the data source for the first time, log in with the Google account you use with Supermetrics. Click Allow.*
- Click Authorize to log in to your data source.
- Under Select accounts/views, select your accounts/views.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
To create a report with our template, select Use report template for new reports.
To create a blank report, deselect this option.
- Click Connect on the top right-hand side.
This will open a full list of fields available in this connector. You can skip this list.
- Click Create report.
- Click Add to report to complete the authentication steps.
Add or remove a user account
- To add or remove a user account go back to the data source settings. Click on the link at the end of the sentence that starts with “To add more/manage user accounts…”
- Click +Add new account to add a new user account.
- Click the Trash icon to remove that specific user account.
- Click Continue to proceed with that user account.