The Supermetrics API can be used with Microsoft Power BI to import your data source data directly into the tool. This guide will show you the basic steps for setting up the connection.
1. Access the Supermetrics API Query Manager on our Team Management site at team.supermetrics.com/query-manager.
2. In the Query section, log into the data source you wish to import data from into Power BI and create the query. For more information on building the query, see Using the Query Manager.
3. Once you have built the query, click on the POWERBI button to change the format of the URL to work directly with Power BI. You will see a completed URL below. Save the URL for the next steps by clicking on the COPY button.
- Important - This URL has an API key in it that gives anyone with the URL access to your data! Treat this like a password and keep it safe. If you need to publicly share the URL, use the "SHORT URL" option as it will not show this API key.
4. Go to Microsoft Power BI, and navigate to Home → Get Data → Web.
5. Select the Basic option. In the URL field paste the Query URL you copied from the Query Manager in step 3.
6. Click OK.
7. In the next dialog, select Table 0 and click on Load.
8. You should now see Table 0 with your data, and you can begin to use the data to create your reports!
- For more information on creating Web page data connections, see this Microsoft tutorial: Analyze webpage data by using Power BI Desktop.
- There are some known issues with Power BI. For more information and workarounds see this article: Known issues and limitations with Power BI.