Supermetrics has a collection of report templates available for free. Visit our template gallery to explore the full collection.
There are 2 ways to create your own reports from these templates in Data Studio: you can download them through our template gallery, or add them through a data source file.
In View mode, add /preview to any Data Studio report's URL to make it into a template. To make the template yours, click Edit and share.
Add a template from the gallery
Before you begin, make sure you’re logged into Data Studio with the Google account that you use with Supermetrics.
- Open Data Studio.
- In a new browser tab, open the Supermetrics Data Studio template gallery.
- Choose a template that matches your data sources.
- Click the template. This will open a new tab in Data Studio.
- Click Edit and share in the top right to create your own copy.
- Click Add to report to add your own data to the template.
Once these steps are complete, you can fully customize the template — add, remove, and modify charts and tables to meet your needs.
Add a template with a data source file
Follow these steps to add a new data source to Supermetrics.
At the last step, navigate to the bottom of the data source window and select Use report templates for new reports before clicking Connect.
Please note that if you choose this option, the default Supermetrics template for the selected data source will be used whenever you create a new report from this data source file.
Templates with "Unknown" Original Data Sources
Some templates from Supermetrics pull data from multiple data sources which are shown as "Unknown" under Original Data Source when you click Use template. Please follow the instructions linked in the templates to identify the data sources, query types, and the order of data sources inserted in the template.
Set a target value in a report template
In some cases, you might need to customize a Supermetrics template’s “Target value” report element.
For example, page 2 of our Google My Business report template features a report element that displays data based on whether or not a target has been met. You can customize the target’s value to make it as useful as possible for your particular report.
Follow these instructions to set your own value in this report element.
- Open your report template in Data Studio.
- In Edit mode, click the report element you’d like to customize.
- Navigate to the Data section in the Supermetrics sidebar.
- Scroll to the Target section.
- In the Target value field, set the value you want.
Repeat these steps for any other report elements in your template that need custom target values.