In some cases, you may need to re-authenticate your user account to the data source for the connector. The below instructions show you how to do this, using Facebook Ads as an example. Similar steps work for almost all Supermetrics Data Studio connectors.
1. In your Data Studio report, click on the Edit icon next your selected Data source (or go to Resource → Managed added data sources → Edit).
- Alternatively, you can go to datastudio.google.com/navigation/datasources and under Data sources click on the data source file you want to re-authenticate.
2. Click on EDIT CONNECTION to go to the authentication settings for the connector.
3. Find and click on the URL given in the section "To add more/manage user accounts, visit https://supmet.page.link/xxxxx".
4. The URL should lead to a page like below. Click on reauthenticate and on continue to proceed.
- Some data sources may use your browser cookies to log you in automatically. If you don't want to automatically use that account, make sure to log out first in the browser version of the data source platform before proceeding.
- Once the log in is complete, you should see the message "Authentication successful, you can now close this window and navigate back to Data Studio."
5. Navigate back to the connector settings page and refresh the page.
- If applicable to the connector, check that the additional account selection or other settings are correct.
6. Once the settings are confirmed, click RECONNECT in the upper-right corner to save the changes to the data source.
- You may see a pop-up with a message notifying you of a changed configuration, or found field changes. In this case, select APPLY.
- If no field changes are found, you may be asked to select UPDATE CREDENTIALS.
7. Return to your report and click on the refresh icon in the upper right to force update the report and clear any cached errors.
- If the login process seems to loop but not actually log you in, you may be affected by a known Google account management bug. Use the workaround in this article: Authentication-, HTTP- or Script errors
- If you get the error "This action is not supported when you are signed into multiple accounts" (exact text is localized and may vary), it is again the Google account management bug. See this article: This Action is Not Supported When You Are Logged in to Multiple Accounts
- If you no longer see a specific account/page/etc. upon logging back in, see this article: Not All Accounts/Segments/Custom Fields/Labels Are Showing in the Product