This guide will show you how to run queries and start pulling your data directly to Excel with Supermetrics.
This guide assumes you have already installed the Supermetrics add-in for Excel, and logged in to your data source. If you haven't completed these steps, see these instructions for Installing the add-in and Logging in to your data source.
1. Start by opening an Excel file, and launching the Supermetrics sidebar.
2. In the Data source section of the sidebar, select the data source you want to pull data from.
- If you haven't logged in to the data source you want to use yet, please see this guide for Logging in to data sources.
3. Depending on the selected data source, the next selection in the sidebar can be Select accounts, pages, views, etc. Select at least one property to include in the query.
4. In the Select dates section, set the date range for pulling your data. You can choose from a list of dynamic pre-set date ranges, or set custom start and end dates.
5. In the Select metrics section, you can see a list of metrics similar to what you would see in the original data source. Find and select one or several metrics for your query.
6. In the Split by section, set your data to be split to rows and/or columns with different dimensions.
7. Make further adjustments to your query in the sections Filter and Options.
8. Once you are ready with your query setup, click on Get Data. Your data will be inserted starting from the cell you have selected in your spreadsheet – in this example, cell B2.
9. The data will now populate to the spreadsheet, starting from the cell you had selected. A Query info tab will open in the sidebar, showing you the query details and options.
- If you later need to e.g. refresh, modify, or delete the query, simply click on any cell containing the query's data, and the Query info tab will open again.
How to use our free templates for ready-made reports:
How to set up automated refreshing for your data:
For more instructions and advanced settings: