You can update your credit card details or change the card completely for Stripe-based auto-renewal in the Team Management site.
Before You Begin
- You must be an "Admin" or "Owner" role to perform this action. The option won't appear for "editors". See this article for how to change your role.
- This only works for Stripe payments. For PayPal, you must update the card information in your PayPal account directly.
- This only works for licenses that have auto-renewal enabled. You can instead change the card information when you manually renew the license, or enable auto-renewal.
Updating Credit Card Details
- Log into Team Management with your Supermetrics User account - https://team.supermetrics.com/
- Click on the LICENSES tab.
- Find the "Paid" or "Expired" license you wish to update the credit card details on.
- Note that you cannot update trial licenses, PayPal-purchased licenses, or pay-by-invoice licenses this way.
- Click Manage to see the license details.
- Under Payment details, click on the link to Update card details.
- A Stripe card form will pop-up. Add the card number you wish to use, the expiration month/year, and the CVC code.
- Click Submit to save the changes.
- Perform the following based on the current state of the license:
- If the license will auto-renew in the future, nothing further is needed. It will use the new card for the next auto-renewal attempt.
- If you received a notification about the card being declined for auto-renewal, it will retry one more time at midnight Eastern European time, regardless if the card was changed or not (so 2 tries in total, once the day before it expires, once on the day it expires). If you missed this window for the retry, you will need to renew the license with the Extend link as it won't try again automatically with the new card.
- If the license is expired and not set to auto-renewal, click the Extend link to renew the license with the new card (you can also just add the new card details in the purchase form).