The Supermetrics connector for Power BI enables you to connect to over 100 data sources. Take a look at this support article for general installation instructions.
Instructions in this article describe the installation of the trusted version of the connector that doesn’t require changing security settings in your Power BI application.
While Supermetrics is being certified by Microsoft, using the Supermetrics connector in Power BI requires manual installation. The process is rather easy, but you can help us get Supermetrics listed inside Power BI by adding your voice for our integration on the Microsoft Power BI idea page.
Before you begin
To get started with the installation, contact our support team with “Request for signed Power BI integration” as the subject, and we'll send you the necessary file and help you with the installation.
Below, you can find the general description of the process so that you can understand it and share it with your IT specialist if needed.
- Create the following path on your PC: [Documents]\Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors.
- Make sure you use the documents folder for the current user under disk C.
- Download the signed version of Supermetrics connector provided by our team.
- Save the downloaded file to the Custom Connectors folder you created.
- Create a regedit key with the certificate thumbprint:
- In Windows, open registry (enter “regedit” and click Enter), and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft
- Create a folder called Power BI Desktop in it (right-click the Microsoft folder and select New → Key), so that the path is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop.
- Add a new value under the path specified above. The type should be “Multi-String Value” (REG_MULTI_SZ), and it should be called "TrustedCertificateThumbprints”.
- Add our certificate thumbprint provided to you by our team.
That’s it! Now you can:
- Start Power BI.
- Click the Home tab in the top navigation bar.
- Select Get Data from the toolbar, and then click More....
- In the Get Data window, search for Supermetrics, select it, and click Connect.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in and work with your saved queries.
Go to the Supermetrics Hub to create your first query, connect to new data sources, save your queries, and expand your data analysis capabilities.