Note: Hybrid Trigger system is still in public Beta.
Hybrid triggers is an enhanced trigger system that offers more reliable automated scheduled refreshes in your Supermetrics for Google Sheets reports. Compared to the regular Google Apps Script triggers that you are using by default, the Enhanced Scheduled Refreshes are triggered from the Supermetrics backend and can offer more run time per query and better retry logic.
Hybrid triggers are available to users who have a paid license. To start using Hybrid triggers in your reports, you must give the trigger system the same access rights to your files as what the Add-in itself has. The access rights are needed to automatically update the spreadsheets running Supermetrics Queries. See Enabling Enhanced Scheduled Refreshing on how to do this.
You can at any time revert back to the standard trigger system by following these instructions: Disabling Enhanced Scheduled Refreshing
As of 16th of March, all users with a valid license should have Hybrid triggers available. If you do not have the Enable Enhanced Scheduled Refreshing link available under the Schedule tab but would like to start using Hybrid triggers, please submit a support ticket to request access. Please include the license ID you want to add access to.
Enabling Enhanced Scheduled Refreshing
To enable Enhanced Scheduled Refreshing system, follow the steps below. These steps are taken only once and in only one file, after which automated refreshes will start running with Hybrid triggers in all your files.
- Login to the Supermetrics sidebar with the user account that has been whitelisted.
- Go to the 'Schedule' tab and click on the 'Enable enhanced scheduled refreshes' link.
- This should open the dialog to log into Google with your license account.
- It will then ask you to accept some additional access permissions. The permissions are the same that the Supermetrics Sidebar has. They are required to identify you as a user and automatically update the spreadsheets running Supermetrics queries. Click Allow to continue.
- Close the confirmation browser window, and your triggers now use the enhanced scheduled refresh feature! No other changes to your trigger settings are required.
Disabling Enhanced Scheduled Refreshing
You can disable the enhanced scheduled refreshes from the sidebar.
- Launch the Supermetrics sidebar with the user account you have enabled the feature for.
- Go to the Schedule tab and click on 'Disable enhanced scheduled refreshes'
- Your triggers will revert to using the standard trigger system.