The Supermetrics API can be used to create CSV-formatted results to be used with Qlik Sense, so you can import your various data sources into that platform. Here are the basic steps for how to set this up.
- Access the Supermetrics API site: https://supermetrics.com/tools
- In the Query Builder section, log into the data source you wish to import data from into Qlik and create the query. For more information on using the UI, see Using the Query Builder for Supermetrics API.
Example Query Configuration Using Facebook Ads
- Once you have the query built, click on the Qlik (csv) button to change the format of the URL to work with Qlik Sense. You will see a completed URL in the Query URL section. Save URL for the next steps by clicking Copy to clipboard.
Important - This URL has an API key in it that gives anyone with the URL access to your data! Treat this like a password and keep it safe. If you need to publicly share the URL, use the "Create shortened URL" option as it will not show this API key.
- Go to Qlik Sense, and create a new app.
- Click "Add data from files and other sources".
- Select Web file.
- In the "URL" field, add the full URL copied from the API Query Builder.
- In the "Name" field, give it a meaningful name to note what Data Source or type of data it is.
- Click Create.
- You should start to see the data and can begin to create reports.
- You may need multiple queries (aka URLs) for your report to get the full picture. Create those in the Query Builder and you can then add them to the report from the top menu with Add data.
- For more help with adding data sources/Web files, see here.