This guide will show you how to add your own data to our ready-made templates for Google Data Studio – whether you need a report for social media performance, advertising or web analytics.
There are two ways to use the Supermetrics templates: through our template gallery, or through a data source file in Google Data Studio.
Option 1 – Template gallery
1. Go to the Supermetrics for Data Studio template gallery at https://supermetrics.com/template-gallery/google-data-studio.
2. You can filter templates based on category, and see which data sources have been used in the templates.
- Please note that the templates match the data sources mentioned, and cannot properly be used with other data sources. If you select a template that uses multiple data sources, you will need to use a data source created with our Ad Data + Google Analytics connector.
3. Select which template you want to use, and click on it – it will open in a new tab in Google Data Studio.
- Make sure you're logged in with the Google account you use for Data Studio and Supermetrics.
4. In the top right corner, click on USE TEMPLATE.
5. From your own data sources, select the data you want to add to the report. Alternatively, you can create a new data source at this stage.
6. Click on Copy Report , and your data will be inserted to the template. You can then customize the template by adding, removing or modifying any charts you wish.
Option 2 – Using default templates through data source settings
1. When creating a new data source file or editing an existing one, at the end of the page you can select to Use report template for new reports in the data source's settings.
- If this option is selected, the default Supermetrics template for the data source will be used whenever you create a new report from this data source file.
2. In the top right corner, click on CONNECT to continue.
3. The data source file has now been created, with the selection to use a template for new reports.
Click on CREATE REPORT, and a copy of the default Supermetrics template for the data source will be created with your data.