Schemas are created with a tool called Query Manager, which can be found from:
1. Login with your Google or Microsoft account:
2. If you belong to multiple teams, you will have to choose the one that holds your Supermetrics for BigQuery license and proceed to the Team Site:
3. Once you have logged in, you will have to choose a data source from the top-left corner of the view, select DWH from the right-hand side and choose the SCHEMAS tab:
4. You will have to create a new schema from the "+ New schema" button first (visible in the screencapture above), and then proceed to the QUERY tab to create a query that is to be attached to the newly created shema:
You can also use the default queries from pre-built schemas as template, modify them according needs, and store them into your own schemas. For instructions, see How to use pre-built schemas as a template?
5. Once you have created a query, change the "Select dates" for 1 day range, preferably yesterday, and validate (run) it (this is how Supermetrics for BigQuery extracts data).
It's worth noting that the query should have the "Date" dimension included if you want to have data day by day. Without the "Date" dimension your query will be creating a snapshot table without the date partitioning.
6. After the validation has been done, you can save the query into your newly created custom schema:
7. One schema can contain multiple queries, and each one of the queries is one table on BigQuery's side:
8. After these steps you are ready to configure a Supermetrics for BigQuery transfer that is using the newly created schema: