This guide will cover the most common reasons for discrepancies between Pinterest's own reporting UI and Supermetrics Pinterest Ads connector.
Quick links to sections below:
- Known discrepancies with the attribution window setting (7/0/0 or 1/0/0)
- Mismatch in conversion settings
- Engaging support
Known discrepancies with the attribution window setting (7/0/0 or 1/0/0)
When using attribution windows "7/0/0" or "1/0/0" in Pinterest Ads own administration/reporting system (https://ads.pinterest.com/)
Supermetrics Pinterest Ads connector doesn't do this type of conversion and "7 d click" and "1 d click" (as seen in the connector settings) will behave truly as "7/0/0" or "1/0/0".
Selecting "7/0/0" or "1/0/0" in PIA's administration would result in different numbers than in our connector under same conditions. Basically, our Supermetrics provided Pinterest Ads connector is able to give more accurate results.
Mismatch in conversion settings
When your conversion/ attribution window settings are neither 7/0/0 nor 1/0/0, and you still see the discrepancies, please check that you have matched BOTH the conversion/ attribution window settings and conversion date for daily reporting in Pinterest's own reporting UI and Supermetrics connector configuration.
How to check for conversion settings in Pinterest UI
Go to Ads --> Reporting --> click on the box "Conversion settings (x/x/x)":
You can see your conversion settings as follow:
Conversion settings in Data Studio
Conversion settings in Google Sheets
If you confirm that both Conversion/ attribution settings and conversion date for daily reporting are matched between Pinterest's own reporting UI and Supermetrics' results, but still see discrepancies, please gather the following information and place it in a new Support ticket:
- Confirm that you have followed the steps in this article completely.
- Include screenshots showing the differences between Supermetrics results and Pinterest own reporting UI. Make sure the date ranges are exactly the same in each screenshot.
- Include the link to the report with the discrepancy issue, make sure firstname.lastname@example.org has EDIT access to the file.
- Include a screenshot of the conversion setting configuration.