Supermetrics supports several ways to get the "Destination URL" for Facebook Ads, so below is to help clarify which field should be used in which case.
- Existing post destination URL - used for Promoted Post-type ads that were created from existing posts
- Promoted post destination URL (aka Post Link URL) - used for Promoted Post-type ads that were created in the Ad Manager (see also "Special Conditions" below)
- Internal destination URL - used for ads that may be linking to a Facebook page or other internal object
- External destination URL - used for ads that may be linking to an external webpage
- Destination URL - is a catch-all field that can be used, should return the same value as the specific URL dimension
If the dimension you are using is not providing the correct result, try one of the others that may be more suited. Also check if you need to meet the special conditions.
1. Certain ads require that the "Website" option is selected for the Website URL. If this is not picked, then the API will not return a value for the "Destination URL".
If you find that the URL is not appearing, check if this needs to be done on your ads:
2. For dynamic creative ads, the destination URL will go to a kind of placeholder-looking post that will be built dynamically out of parts you selected when setting up that ad type. To get the right information for those, you may need to use the Dynamic Creative Ads fields - more information here.