The SEMrush connector offers an optional setting to define a 'Display date' for some query types, which can be used to fetch results from past months. This guide will show the proper way to configure the setting if you wish to use it.
These are the general conditions for the 'Display date' setting:
- The setting is not available for all query types, it will not be listed as an option if it cannot be used with that type.
- The setting only works for past months (as far back as 2012 for US database and 2013 for other databases). You cannot use it for the current month.
- You can only select one month at a time, you cannot request the data over a large range without multiple queries.
- The day value must be set to the 15th. You cannot specify any other day.
- The format to use: YYYYMM15
Here's specific setup for each tool:
Supermetrics fo Google Sheets/API
The tool handles the formatting for you. Click the Display month: text box and select the month and year (does not work for the current month) from the drop-down. Click Done to save.
Supermetrics for Data Studio
Enter the YYYYMM15 values for the month you wish to pull data for into the Display date field. Example will get data for December 2018.
WARNING - Historical data requests for SEMrush cost considerably more API units than current data requests, so use this setting with caution. If you want to see the cost per line for each report type for current and historical data, it is listed in the API documentation.
Example of "Cost per Line" difference for Keyword Overview (one database):