Supermetrics Support Forum

Combine instagram insights post data with facebook ads post boost data in a report

I need to create a report that shows post performance for Instagram posts on one of my accounts. From what I understand, the Instagram insights connector gives me data on the organic performance of a post while the Facebook ads connector gives me data on the boosted post performance. Essentially, if I add the post comments, post reactions, and post saves numbers from Facebook ads to the engagement number from Instagram insights - I get a number that matches the post performance report in the Instagram dashboard.

What I need to figure out is a dimension that's common between Facebook ads & Instagram insights so that I can do a vLookup and combine the data. Can you help me out? 

• Hi Abhay,

good question and you're correct. Organic data comes through Instagram Insights connector and paid data through Facebook Ads connector. 

To my understanding from Instagram/Facebook documentation, in Facebook Ads "Promoted post Instagram ID" and in Instagram Insights "Media ID" should match each other.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment