Gantt Chart

Thanks for creating the Gantt Chart.

But I have trouble making the chart behave in the manner I want.
I have set up my data as you have in the Dummy Data. But I would like to have multiple starts and stop dates for the same Campaign. Basically, reactivating the campaigns as they get reactivated. please see attached picture (a simplified version) where "Market Research" has two periods.

Is that possible with your visualization?

• Hi Khalid,

that's an excellent question. Quite many data sources do have campaign start and end date fields available that you could use for this. Though out of blue I don't know if Data Studio has Gantt Chart available. Please note that visualizations are provided by Google in to Data Studio.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Hi Jouni,

I found this:
    https://datastudio.google.com/u/0/reporting/18kPLn9RZqMKZrji0ZliFld_zvWDY-K9x/page/FmN2

Which is a Gantt chart that Supermetrics have created for Data Studio, meaning that this is not provided by Google.

That is the chart that I am asking towards

Thanks,

Khalid

• Hi, I have a question about the Gantt Chart :)

Sometimes the duration of a campaign is one day (start date = end date), but this campaign does not appear on the graph (the campaign appears in the list of names, but not on the graph as horizontal bar).

How to make such a company visible on the chart?

Thanks,

Viacheslav

• Hi Khalid Nassri,

Currently the Gantt Chart does not support multiple start and end dates.

I'll make sure that we will consider impementing that feature in the future :) 

Best,

- Touko, Data Studio Community Visualization Developer

• Hi Viacheslav Poliakov,

This is a bug which will be fixed in the next version of Gantt Chart releasing soon :)

Best,

1 person likes this
  • HI Touko,

It is great :)

Thank you

• Hi Viacheslav Poliakov,

The Gantt Chart 2.0 is now live. Hopefully it fixes your issue :).

Best,

• Hi Touko,

Great info, but now the duration is including one day before:(

For one day event I have duration 19.03.20-20.03.20, but it may be wrong for user:(

May be You can update this case? I think right condition for duration is >= and <=

Best,

Viacheslav 

• Hi 

Thanks a lot for creating the Gantt chart. Such a useful new feature. 

However, I've some trouble making the Gannt chart myzelf. It simply doesn't load in the data nor it gives a error message. After adding my own data source and filling in all data field correctly, the graph area remains blank. 

Community visualization access is on and all data field have the right set-up. 

Best,

Giel

• Hi ISM eMarketing,

Would you like to create a ticket about your issue and link this thread to it?

Best,

• Hi,

I have the same problem of ISM eMarketin (blanked Gantt Chart).

Regards,

Breno Ribeiro

Login or Signup to post a comment