Supermetrics Support Forum

MailChimp: How to get Monthly Sent, Open data by email subject line

Hi!

I'm trying to get the number of emails sent and opened by Month and Email Subject Line.

This is for an automated workflow that has 4 emails to it and so I would like to understand how each of the emails is performing on a monthly basis.

I tried using the 'Month' metric, but it gives me the month that the workflow was created and total sends and opens to date for the emails. 

I tried using the Data Range option to pull the data monthly, but this also just gives me data since the automation was created. It doesn't give me what was sent and opened during that time period.

Is there a way to get this data?

• Hi Karla,

Thanks for your question.

It's unfortunately not so simple to get this information out of Mailchimp API, if the same automation is used for the ongoing emailing. As you correctly noted, it will default to the date when the automation was created. You could try doing regular queries at different times and subtract older values from newer, but that's quite complex and includes manual work so likely not optimal. For automations, it looks like we are covering all the MC API can offer at this time unfortunately: https://mailchimp.com/developer/reference/automation/automation-email/

Sorry I could not help you further with this. Hope you find a working solution for reporting that!

Best regards,

Heidi / Supermetrics

Login to post a comment