Supermetrics Support Forum

How to calculate ROAS for FB Ads using revenue from GA

I'm trying to calculate the ROAS for Facebook Ads using Ads+Google Analytics. but i'm not even sure if it's possible to have a calculate field with Revenue coming from GA and amount spent coming FB Ads

• Hi Maha,

Thanks for your question.

Should be possible to do the calculation. Just don't use dimensions in the same graph, that won't work. Here's an example:

Note that if you're only looking at Facebook ROAS I would definitely recommend using the individual Facebook Ads connector for this purpose, to be able to match the Facebook Business Manager numbers reliably. 

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics

• Hi Heidi,

Thanks for your answer, however, I was requested to compare both ROAS according to Facebook and ROAS based on GA revenue. 

I've already tried adding  the calculated field ROAS but it doesn't work for FB i.e. when I only linked FB Ads account and GA (picture attached) the Revenue and Transactions don't match GA results - when I try to filter using UTM medium I get NO DATA

• Hi Maha,

Ok I see. Have you confirmed the UTM Medium, "paidsocial" is correct? You can do that easily by adding the dimension "Medium (utm)" to a table that has also "Transaction revenue" and "Cost" in it. Facebook results should end up on the same row, displaying which UTM Medium can be used to combine the results.

Note that if you put a filter on a scorecard that displays a calculated field's result, then the filter will apply both on values coming from Google Analytics and Facebook Ads, meaning the UTM Medium needs to match on both platforms for accurate results.

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics

• Yes the utm is correct on both ends, however, the filter when applied show NO DATA

• I see. Could you please send us a private support ticket, as we'll need to get access to your report to test and investigate the issue. You can file a private ticket here.

Thanks!

Heidi / Supermetrics

Login to post a comment