Supermetrics Support Forum

Reporting on Google Ads Campaign Level Labels

Campaigns have two types of campaigns labels one that denotes the store location and another that denotes the product category.

These are styled differently with special creatures, e.g. 

Campaign label = [london] 

Campaigns label = {menswear}

So within Google Ads reporting I've created a Campaign label report for spend filtered to labels including "[" and this would give me the output:

[london] £2000

[edinburgh] £1500

[cardiff] £1000

Note it does not include the product category labels and spends which have curly brackets in the label name.

However, when doing this in Supermetrics even with a filter for campaign label contains  "[" it returns an output like this

[london], {menswear} £1000

[london], {womenswear} £500

[london], {kidswear} £500

[cardiff], {menswear} £500

[cardiff], {womenswear} £250

[cardiff], {kidswear} £250

[edinburgh], {menswear} £1000

[edinburgh], {womenswear} £500 

[edinburgh], {kidswear} £0

How can I just show the location labels with the sum of the campaigns spend on all campaigns with that label? Or does Supermetrics not output in this way and it is expected in Google Sheets to manipulate the data and create a povit table?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Hi James,

Thanks for your question.

That's unfortunately an array of labels that we get from Google Ads API, hence it will return all arrays that match your filter. As you said, if you need to grab only the relevant label from the mix, please use spreadsheet functions to do it.

Hope it's not too much of an inconvenience. 

Best regards,

Heidi / Supermetrics

• Thanks for confirming Heidi, worth asking before putting the effort into creating a solution with spreadsheet functions.

Cheers.

Login to post a comment