Supermetrics Support Forum

Filtering Branded vs. Non-Branded Results

I'm trying to generate separate numbers in different sheets for branded and non-branded impressions/clicks/CTR.

What do I type after the "contains" or "equals" clause when using this filter.

For example:

"Branded vs. Non-branded search queries" EQUALS "branded"

Is that right? 

branded.PNG
(8.71 KB)
  • Hi Michael,

I don't think this is possible as given - as that field is really a front for some special code we're running, and passing that filter back to it leads to nonsense from Google Ads as it doesn't understand.

It does take the keyword search terms themselves though, I don't know if it leads to anything valuable as the number I get does not match the unfiltered count, but it does work:

What I would recommend instead is pulling the data without the filter and then using a spreadsheet formula to pull the branded results out of the raw data.
    -Thank you
    Supermetrics Team

• Thank you for the reply. Can I also just manually filter my search query like this (these are some of my branded terms).

-Michael

query.PNG
    (12.5 KB)
  • Yeah, I think that should work.

Be careful though, I noted when I was testing this that some clearly branded keywords were still fetching non-branded results, and I wasn't sure if that was intentional or if something weird was happening. So if you can, verify what you get to make sure it makes sense.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment