Supermetrics Support Forum

New Facebook Events

I'm not seeing in super metrics to pull in the new FacebookEvent codes.  Is there instructions somewhere I am missing on how to do this?

1 person has this problem
  • Hi,

For the ones that we do support, they are listed as their own metric field:

There are some though that Facebook added late last year that they did not also include in their API (subscribe and contact to name a few). Those we cannot support until Facebook implements then into their Marketing API, so they will be missing from the list until then. (We have no ETA from Facebook when they may be introduced, so we cannot say when these will be added).

-Thank you
    Supermetrics Team
  • Hey Jessica,

I was wondering if there were any new developments with this topic? I've got a client using these event codes on their site and it would be a huge help for me to be able to pull these conversions.  

Thanks!

• Hi,

Sadly no, the Marketing Graph API still does not support the newer conversion pixel events they added back in late 2018. We still don't know when/if they will include these in the API, but as these continue to be a popular ask, we will add them as soon as possible once/if they become available.

-Thank you 

Supermetrics Team

• Thanks, Supermetrics Team - I know you're staying on top of this... 

These new(er) conversion pixels (we can't really call them "new" anymore) are important and the constant workaround to capture the data on our GDS reports adds unnecessary time to the entire team's process. I believe I speak for many of us here when I say it will sure be nice when Facebook's API team recognizes the importance and hooks these metrics in. 

2 people like this
  • same problem for us. 

• Same here (:

• I'm sorry to report that the current version of the Marketing Graph API still does not appear to support these newer event types.

We would recommend then, if you have a support rep or account manager at Facebook, that you communicate to them how important it is for the Marketing Insights API show these events, hoping that they can apply pressure on the API devs to make the addition or confirm that there is a way to get these that is not clearly documented.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Support

Login to post a comment