Supermetrics Support Forum

facebook insight: post-level dimension workaround

HI,

i'm trying to use a post-level dimensions (i.e. post link clicks) for a score card o for calculated value (i.e. i would calculate total impressions / total post click) 

I know that the post-level dimensions are not able to show aggregate score for the card etc but in another case, when i wanted to show in a score card the number of pubblicated post in a specific time, i found here a work around like this  

COUNT(Post ID)+Comments-Comments

my question is: do you know same workaround to show "post link click" or others post-level dimensions as a total and use this value for calculated fields?

Thank in advance

Francesco

When fetching the post_link_clicks metric, you must split by post-level dimensions. 

• Hi Francesco,

Thanks for the question! It's actually a very good one.

To be able to use "Post link clicks" metric on a scorecard, you could for example use some "meaningless" filter. E.g. "Exclude - Post ID - Equal to (=) - Ä". This way you'll be able to include a post-level dimension to the query.

However your question was also about "other post level dimensions". I'm not quite sure if I understood that part well enough, but I guess you might be able to use this kind of filter tricks combined with calculated field(s).

All-in-all this is not very sophisticated workaround, but could work.

Best Regards,

Heikki / Supermetrics team

• Hi Heikki, thanks!

it's work perfectly. I have yet to verify the accuracy of the data but the system error has disappeared. 

About that "your question was also about "other post level dimensions"

I meant by my question:  there is a simple workaorund that work for all the post-level dimension to show them as score card? But the most relevant, pending, question is: 

ok, now i have a trick to show "post like click" as score card but how i can do a simple division like this: "(total)post like click"/"total impressions"??

My goal is a sort of CTR value that show the conversion rate from impression to click (for assigne a value to the social media production effort in create a traffic to website), also with different values from "impressions" and "post link click" if you have a brilliant alternative :D

Thanks in advance

Francesco  

• Hi Heikki,

any news about this question:

now i have a trick to show "post like click" as score card but how i can do a simple division like this: "(total)post like click"/"total impressions" or "(total)post like click"/"total post pubblished"?

my goal is to understand if (and how) the post frequency affect impressions and clicks to website

Thanks in advance

Francesco

Login to post a comment