Supermetrics Support Forum

Solved

GMB - Total review count same for any date ranges

Hi,

I wanted to have the total review count for one or many locations for different date ranges and ideally a comparison between two date ranges to see the improvements.

But when I change the date range, I still have the same total review count, which correspond to the actual total of the location.

Is is possible to have for example the total review count for the last month or a specific date range ?

As the reviews are timestamped, I thought the tool calculated the sum of all the reviews in the specified date range.

Thanks for your reply

Bastien

• Hi Bastien,

Thanks for your question.

The "Total review count" metric is unfortunately a lifetime value, and not splittable by time as per GMB API limitations.

If you wish to count the reviews, perhaps you can use a standard spreadsheet function to grab wanted reviews from a result set, and calculate how many hits there are. 

Best regards,
    Heidi / Supermetrics team
  • Hi Heidi,

Thank you for your reply. I will see what is possible about the review.

Is it the same for the other metrics like number of calls, number of views, ... ?

I think it is, but I prefer to have your confirmation.

Have a nice day,

Bastien

• Hi Bastien,

Those metrics, in Actions and Views category, can be split by time, so they should give the numbers for your specified date range.

Hope that helps you further.

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics

• Hi Heidi,

Yes, everything is working.

I also find a workaround to have the evolution of the number of reviews month by month.

Thank you for your support.

Bastien

• Hi Bastien, 

I find myself with a similar need to show the change in the number of reviews month-by-month. 

Are you able to share how you got around the limitation?

- Adam

• Hi Adam,

My workaround is :

• a worksheet updated every day with "reviews" as selected metrics, split by ows with "Location name", split by column with "year and month"
      => it generates a datatable with month by month in columns and a location per row, with the number of review for each location by month
    • on the first top line of the sheet, I just sum the number of reviews for each month
    • I bound this line to my Datastudio dashboard and I can have the evolution of the reviews for all the locations month by month, updated every day.

I also use an intermediate sheet to build a datatable with the total views, actions, ... month by month and I use this datatable in data studio. It's easier than having to retrieve the data through the main table automatically generated by a query.

1 person likes this
  • That's brilliant! 

Thanks very much for detailing this. I'll give it a try :) 

All the best,

Adam

Login to post a comment