Supermetrics Support Forum

Solved

LinkedIn Reauthentication Error

I've been getting reauth errors every day for my LinkedIn profile, but each day I've followed the steps to reauthenticate, then queried the data and it works, then I save the trigger, and the next day the same issue. I've also noticed that refreshing via the side-bar works regardless, but using 'refresh active sheet' in the google sheet toolbar returns the error. Any thoughts on why my authentication isn't linking up?

• Hi Max,

The refresh user account probably didn't update so it keeps trying to re-use that account instead of the current one.

You can fix this by going to the SupermetricsQueries sheet (if hidden, click Add-ons->Supermetrics->Manage queries). Find the row(s) for your LinkedIn Ads (and Pages too if using) queries, delete the query ID value in that row and then scroll to the far right and delete the value under "Refresh with user". Then refresh with Add-ons->Supermetrics->Refresh all. That should update the query to run with the current user name and hopefully clear the authentication loop.

-Thank you
    Supermetrics Team
  • Thanks Jessica, for my own clarification, what is the difference between 'Refresh All' and 'Refresh active sheet'? I've been using Refresh active sheet only, so wondering if this has been part of my issues?

• Hi Max,

They use slightly different code to execute the refresh, so there may be differences in how those two behave. "Refresh all" uses the currently logged in accounts, so it's safer to use in situations like this where you need to reset some configuration as it should overwrite the configuration to match the current state. "Refresh active sheet" looks at the query configuration directly to see which account to refresh with.

So its possible that using "Refresh active sheet" after the LinkedIn authentication API code change that happened in Feb caused the issue that it didn't properly update the user ID in the config. (The API change may have changed how the user ID is stored, which is why it's relevant). However, this kind of change doesn't happen often, so using "Refresh active sheet" for daily use shouldn't be a problem.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Thanks Jessica, it appears that solution has worked and the refreshes are correct. Thanks.

• Great - thanks for confirming!

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team