Supermetrics Support Forum

Solved

Error: 400 Invalid JSON payload received. You should try fetching Item revenue instead of Transaction revenue.

Hello, this morning, one of my main reports at the office has failed to run. 


The majority of my queries has returned the following error


Error: 400 Invalid JSON payload received. Unexpected end of string. Expected , or } after key:value pair.^ You should try fetching Item revenue instead of Transaction revenue.


Is this an error from GA or Supermetrics?


Thanks,

John


1 person has this problem
  • Hi John,

    Could be either, I need more information to investigate where it's going wrong. Would it be possible to get one of the query IDs this is happening to so I can check our logging to see if we're making a bad request or if GA is giving us a bad response?


    -Thank you

    Supermetrics Team

  • Here's one from this morning that generated the same error: YP1764ChDqlgAY1umwNrLHWR6FZCwv

     

    I have a dashboard that runs the same queries but with different time periods for about 50-70 GA views.

     

    Some are successful, but most generated errors. See screenshot



  • Hello, 


    I'm having the same issue with the following query ID: wv2jEVHCPiuZGUcXCP2kxfRkZaI95s


    The query worked fine until this morning, and now it has returned the same error.

  • Same here, with GA that started breaking all of a sudden.

  • These queries started to work again this morning. I'm happy it was fixed, but would still appreciate an explanation! Thanks.

  • I can confirm as well my queries has started to work again without any errors.


    Do you know if this issue came from GA or Supermetrics?


    Will keep you posted if my queries are generating the same errors again.


    Thanks!

  • Hi All,


    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this issue.


    I found in one circumstance the issue appeared to be due to using non-unique query IDs for AdWords queries (usually due to report copying). Once the query ID was manually reset to be unique, it seemed to fix the issue.


    Another possible cause was a bug that we then fixed last week. That may have also been part of this issue and the patch would have then corrected that.


    If any users on this thread are still seeing the issue, please submit a private ticket and give the query ID (or request ID if DS) so we can check if it's related to the first instance:

    https://support.supermetrics.com/support/tickets/new


    -Thank you

    Supermetrics Team