Supermetrics Support Forum

Linkedin Company Pages

Hi,

The Linkedin Company Pages connector doesn't seem to offer many metrics about updates - I want to know how many impressions, clicks, social actions, video views etc our updates have received, but I can only see Likes, Comments and Updates. Is there a reason I can't get these metrics?

The Linkedin Ads connector seems to offer a lot more metrics, which I would expect, so don't know why the Linkedin Company Pages one doesn't..

I also have an issue with the way the connection is actually setup - is there a reason you split out update details from others like page followers, page statistics etc? The Facebook connector seems to offer this all in one connection, whereas the Linkedin Company Pages one gets split out into 5?

Thanks,

• Hi Alex,

It's totally dependent on the data source's API and what each source wants to make available in it. In this case, we offer what LinkedIn makes available in their Company Page API, which is as you noted, pretty limited.

https://developer.linkedin.com/docs/company-pages

If you want to get more content added to an API, it's best to reach out to their support to make a feature request. Once it's in their API, then we can grab it for Supermetrics.

As for your last question - I assume this also has to with how we used the API. Those items may be stored in separate end-points and require that we request them differently. We also tend to do this to make it more foolproof if there's a high chance that some fields are not compatible with others.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Hey. 

Linkedin Company Page's are still not offering any relevant metrics.. Do you know if there's going to be a change in this?

Thanks.

• Hi Jesse,

We're currently in the process of updating the connector to API v2 for LinkedIn Pages - v1 is more limited and no longer matches the analytics UI, so there are some gaps right now as we migrate over. They are retiring v1 on March 1st, so our migration to the new version will be completed before then.

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Thanks, looking forward to that. Also I noticed, I cannot get any data of LinkedIn videos - only status updates. They're completely missed in the query. Is it due to the API or something else?

1 person likes this
  • Hi Jesse

Yeah this is an API limitation of V1 - you cannot get any data on videos in that version. I don't know if they fixed that in v2 (I hope so, it's a common ask).

-Thank you

Supermetrics team

• Any update on this? Since we are now in March and I only see very limited data selection?

1 person likes this
  • Following. I have the same video issue.

• Hi All,

We had updated to v2 API in February 2019 - some things changed and are no longer supported in that version of the API:

https://support.supermetrics.com/support/solutions/articles/19000097462-linkedin-pages-updates-feb-2019

This migration also was just focused on maintaining current level of field support where possible, nothing new yet was added. We have several feature requests in already to add those items the new API does support (like engagement metrics on specific shares, video metrics [finally]). So things will be added over time as we have dev bandwidth available to do the work. 

We'll notify those cases who have requested these, you can also check this section of the support portal where we track updates to that connector:

https://support.supermetrics.com/support/solutions/folders/19000162355

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

• Hi,

Thanks for the update. 

But now everything seems buged. Are you guys updating the API?

We're getting this error:

Detalhes do conector

Account fetch failed: Error: LinkedIn Company Pages failure (The token used in the request has expired) (Supermetrics request ID: X3t8PvnEVwxp0tWxHeWBH0_Qsd90Uxj0).

• The change expired everyones tokens (as they don't work with the new API). Please see this guide for what to do:

https://support.supermetrics.com/support/solutions/articles/19000097484-linkedin-pages-updates-to-api-v2-requires-re-authentication-and-possible-report-changes

-Thank you

Supermetrics Support

1 person likes this
  • Hello, I am trying to create a chart for LinkedIn Page Update engagements. I am not able to generate any data even through there is an "Update" integration available via Supermetrics. I am currently putting "Updates" as a Dimension, but am unable to generate any data if I put "Likes" or "Comments" as the Metrics.  Can you please help me? Screenshot attached.

Thank you!

Emily

• Hi Emily,

You need to fix this - it won't work if any part of the configuration is invalid:

If you continue to have issues with this, kindly make a new forum post as this isn't technically related to this thread (or submit a private ticket).

-Thank you

Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment