Supermetrics Support Forum

Solved

Vimeo Connector

Hi,

I want to pull in data from Vimeo to GDS, however the connector doesn't seem to make sense - it doesn't offer me a choice of Vimeo account to connect to, so not sure how it's saying it's connected. It then offers for me to search by user or search by video?

I just want to pull in all video data from a specific Vimeo account, to report on fairly basic stats like video views, but it doesn't seem to allow this - can you advise?

Thanks,

• Is there any kind of guide to get this connector to work?

• Hi Alex,

Vimeo connector is not a one that you'd log in with your own Vimeo account. It only offers public data by username or by all Vimeo videos. You'll first select the query type and then fill in the values to it's own fields. For example if you wish to get metrics from a certain user, type in the username then select the type:

After connecting, you can build the query from that user, for example like this:

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Curious as to why we have to authenticate to Vimeo in the first place then? In many (most?) cases, Vimeo content is behind a paywall, so not being able to see publicly available data has no value.

• Hi Scott, 

you do not actually authenticate with Vimeo. You only authenticate Data Studio with Supermetrics. Unfortunately the query types and their metrics are the only ones Vimeo offers at the moment. If they do come up with a "better equipped" API at some point, we'll definitely give it a go.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Login to post a comment