Supermetrics Support Forum

How to check the correctness of historical quality score for ad group

hi, 

I am trying to check the historical quality score for ad group, but the results in supermetrics seems not accurate.

Anybody knows how supermetrics exactly calculate the historical quality score for ad group?

Many thanks!

• Hi,

could you please post screencaptures of the result that you get with Supermetrics and matching result that you see in AdWords.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• hi,

please found the following screenshot that from supermetrics result and AdWords results.

Quality score result in supermetrics is in group level and result in Adwords is keywords based.

we want to figure to if the supermetrics result is accurate in group level and how the result comes.

Many thanks

• In that case you should add "keyword" as one of your dimensions in that query. This way it splits the results by keyword as well.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

• Hi Yu Sun,

I'm just a user but one idea would be to download the data from Adwords directly at a keyword level. Then on your main data sheet create a new column that is QS x impressions per keyword (or historical QS x impressions per keyword). Then create a pivot table to aggregate at adgroup or campaign level. Create a calculated field that divides the new metric by impressions (after aggregation) and that should give you a weighted QS for the adgroup / campaign etc. Then compare to supermetrics to see if they are the same. Maybe test for current quality score before doing this for historical quality score, of if historical, limit to 1 month.

• I just compared the manual version of manipulating the data myself vs having supermetrics pull historical quality score at a campaign level for the last 18 months and every month was within 0.03 of the manual version. In most cases it was within 0.01. Seems close enough to trust at the campaign level (and presumably other rollups).

Cheers

Login to post a comment