Supermetrics Support Forum

Number of total users does not match the number of total users based on device categories

I just figured out something with the data.

As can be seen from the picture, the number of total users does not match the number of total users based on device categories(desktop + mobile+ tablet)

I am looking for a correctly answer about this issue, thanks for helping

• Hi Cam,

Thanks for reporting this. Which data source are you fetching from? Google Analytics?

I assume that the difference is due to that some devices can't be recognized into any of the categories. Nevertheless, I'll ask our developers to check.

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics team

• Hi Heidi,

The data source is fetching from Google Analytics.

I have another question, why the number of total users based on device categories is even bigger than that of total users?

Best Regards,

Nhung

• Hi,

I thought the device category sums were lower than the total sessions sum in your screenshot?

I've just ran tests on our accounts, and could not see a discrepancy there with these same metrics and dimensions. Please see attached.

Please double check that your queries are 100% similar, and if you're still seeing discrepancies, please contact us via a private support ticket for closer inspection. Thanks!

Best,

Heidi / Supermetrics team

• Hi,

The discrepancies are on the number of users not sessions

Please run test again but use "users" metric instead

Best,

Login to post a comment