Start a new topic

Pulling conversions linkedin specific campaigns

Hi there,

I have multiple campaigns in my LinkedIn account which have one word in the nomenclature to define which audience I'm using (CXT / Cloud / ABM).

How can i create a field on datastudio that would only pull the conversion from one of these types(CXT / Cloud / ABM)?

My end goal is to have for example a pie chart that shows total spent or amount of conversions depending on the type of campaign (CXT / Cloud / ABM).

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

not quite sure what you mean by having the defining word in nomenclature as there's no such dimension available in LinkedIn API. Do you see such a field in your LinkedIn ad details on their own tools? If you do, it's then most likely not possible to create a filter with it. 

If then for example you have that value present in somewhere else, for example in campaign name or campaign type, you can create a filter for it like this:

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback.

Filters are usefull for me when i want to create a table which contains all the metrics related to a single type of campaign (either CXT / Cloud / ABM).

However, if i want to have for example a piechart of conversions depending on the type of campaign (CXT / Cloud / ABM), this is where it gets trickier.

This is why i was more thinking about created a new field that would include only the conversions from a single type of campaign (IE "conversions CXT", "conversions Cloud", "conversions ABM", "spent CXT", "spent Cloud", "spent ABM"...).

Thanks

Hi Paul,

I see. For this type of separation there's unfortunately no possibilities in Google Data Studio. Only way would be to use Supermetrics for Google Sheets to pull in the raw data in to Google Sheet, then do a script/function that separates those campaign types in to their own tabs from the raw data and use that sheet as a data source in Google Data Studio.

This requires some manual work unfortunately but when you have done it, you can set your raw data query to automatically update daily and then your scripts/functions would work automatically from the newly refreshed data as well.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

Hi there,

I see and it makes sense, thank you very much for you support !

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi there,

Just thought about something, what about a filter control button at the top?

Something where we could select between one of these type of campaign (CXT / Cloud / ABM).

Thanks

With the help of this sort of formula for example?

CASE

WHEN REGEXP_MATCH(Creative Direct Sponsored Content name, "CXT") THEN "CXT"

WHEN REGEXP_MATCH(Creative Direct Sponsored Content name, "Cloud") THEN "Cloud"

WHEN REGEXP_MATCH(Creative Direct Sponsored Content name, "Remarketing") THEN "Remarketing"

ELSE "Other"

END

Hi there,

I found a solution !

REGEXP_EXTRACT(Creative Direct Sponsored Content name, "_(.*?[^_]*)")

As the keyword is always place between the first and the second "_", this formula extract the word it finds which is either CXT / Cloud / ABM.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

thanks for posting the solution. We really appreciate you sharing the intel and Supermetrics community will absolutely love this.

Best regards,

-Supermetrics Team

It's an absolute pleasure to do so.

Have a great end of the week !

Login or Signup to post a comment